ADL has represented home owners, Apartment Owner Associations, architects, contractors,
developers, bonding companies, manufacturers and material suppliers. Over the history of the firm, our work
has been roughly evenly divided between work related to construction defect disputes and work to repair
ADL does not design new buildings or even remodel existing buildings; our practice is limited to the
investigation, analysis and repair of problems in existing buildings. We are specialists in that area.
Our work includes:
- Waterproofing problems- roofs, parking and plaza decks, windows, walls, curtain wall systems, coatings, and below-grade waterproofing,
- Materials deterioration- concrete spalling, concrete surface failures, reinforcing rust, plaster cracking, paint failures, wood decay, hardboard siding deterioration, EIFS defects and such,
- Design and construction defect investigation, including identification, documentation, testing, and analysis of as-built conditions, analysis of construction documentation.
- Determination of compliance with building codes and other standards.
- Termite infestation of wood-framed structures,
- Mold contamination in buildings,
- Expert witness support,
- Problems that defy categorization.
The problems we are asked to become involved with are frequently extremely technical in nature. We don't
always have all of the expertise necessary to deal with all of the problems encountered in today's complex
world of construction, but we know where to find world class specialists who do, and we can describe
construction problems in terms that these "super-experts" can work with, and can transform their
recommendations into remedial proposals that the client can understand and the contractor can build.